This is a fast way to format numbers as text in microsoft Excel.
- Select a cell
- Type '
- Type the number
- Press Enter
Why format numbers as text?
- If you don't want numbers to be calculated.
- A number that is formatted as text will be left-aligned instead of right-aligned.
Are there any other ways to format numbers as text? Yes.
- Select the cells containing the numbers
- Right click with mouse and select "Format cells.."
- Go to the tab "Numbers"
- Select the category "Text"
- Press ok!
Now you understand why the first way is an easier way to format numbers as text.