Question: How to reverse a list of data (column A) from top to bottom?
Answer: Copy =INDEX(INDIRECT("A1:A"&COUNT(A:A)),COUNTA(A:A)-ROW()+1,1) to D1:D20. Look at row D and see the result.
Download excel sample file for this tutorial.
(Excel 97-2003 Workbook *.xls)
Question: How do I invert a list of values? For example, in one cell I have the value 2. If I invert that cell I get 0.5. See a list of values on picture below.
- Create a new list (C1:C9) with the cell value of 1 in ever cell. Make the list as big as the other list (A1:A9).
- Copy the first list A1:A9
- Select C1:C9
- Right click on selection and click "Paste Special..."
- Click "Values" and "Divide" and then OK button!
- Your list is now inverted!
Functions in this article:
returns a value or reference of the cell at the intersection of a particular row and column, in a given range
Returns the reference specified by a text string
Counts the number of cells in a range that are not empty
returns the row number of a reference