Here is my first attempt to create some kind of useful macro.
Question: How do I create a list were I have a blank cell at the top, where I can enter data. After i press enter it will drop down 1 cell. So newer entries on top and older entries farther down the list.
Answer: Instead of inserting a new line every time a value has been entered, I have created an extremely simple macro.
How to create macro in Excel 2007
Enable developer tab in ribbon:
- Press Office button
- Click Excel options
- Click Popular
- Click "Show developer tab in ribbon"
- Click OK!
- Go to developer tab in ribbon
- Click Record Macro
- Type a Macro name and press ok
- Select the first cell A1
- Right click on A1
- Click Insert...
- Click "Shift cells down"
- Click "Stop recording" on ribbon
Connect macro to a button
- Click Insert on Developer tab
- Click Button (Form Control)
- Draw a button on excel sheet
- Assign your macro to your button
- Press ok!
- Right click on button and click "Edit text"
- Change text to something like "Insert new row"
Now try your new macro.
Click Button and see how a new cell is inserted above A1.
Download excel sample file for this tutorial.
(Excel 97-2003 Workbook *.xls)
If your list is bigger and you want more than one cell to be inserted. Select more cells, see "Create a macro" , number 4.