Question: I want a unique list to be created from a column where an adjacent
column has cell values between 2 and 8?
Unique values are values without duplicates, within criteria.
Unique distinct values are all values within criteria but duplicates are removed.
Filter unique values in column A, where numbers in column B are between two criteria
Array formula in cell D5:
Filter unique distinct values in column A, where numbers in column B are between two criteria
Array formula in cell F5:
Download excel sample file for this tutorial.
Press F9 to recalculate random numbers on this tutorial sheet.
(Excel 97-2003 Workbook *.xls)
Functions in this article:
Checks whether a condition is met, and returns one value if TRUE, and another value if FALSE
Returns a value or reference of the cell at the intersection of a particular row and column, in a given range
SMALL(array,k) returns the k-th smallest row number in this data set.
ROW(reference) returns the rownumber of a reference
Returns the relative position of an item in an array that matches a specified value
Counts the number of cells in a range that contain numbers
Checks whether a value is an error and returns TRUE or FALSE
This blog article is one out of thirteen articles on the same subject "unique".
- How to extract a unique distinct list from a column in excel
- Extract a unique distinct list from two columns using excel 2007 array formula
- Extract a unique distinct list from three columns in excel
- Extract distinct unique sorted year and month list from a date series in excel
- Create a unique distinct list from a date range in excel
- Unique values from multiple columns using array formulas
- Extract a unique distinct list sorted from A-Z from range in excel
- Sort a range by occurence using array formula in excel
- Filter unique distinct values from two ranges combined in excel 2007
- Create a unique list and sort by occurrances from large to small
- Unique list to be created from a column where an adjacent column has text cell values
- Create unique list from column where an adjacent column meets criteria
- How to create a unique distinct list where other columns meet two criteria