Question: How do I highlight the smallest duplicate value in a column using conditional formatting?
Conditional formatting formula in A2:
How to implement conditional formatting formula to your workbook in excel 2007
For example, your range is F3:F9. Change named range List to F3:F9.
- Select your range F3:F9.
- Go to "Home" tab
- Click Conditional formatting
- Click "New Rule.."
- Click "Use a formula to determine what cells to format"
- Change A2 in the above conditional formatting formula to F3. Your range is F3:F9, remember?.
- Copy the above conditional formatting formula to "Format values where this formula is true:"
- Click Format button
- Select a formatting you like. For example, cells colored yellow.
- Click OK
- Click OK
What is named ranges?
Download excel sample file for this tutorial.
(Excel 97-2003 Workbook *.xls)
Functions in this article:
Counts the number of cells within a range that meet the given condition
Returns the smallest number in a set of values. Ignores logical values and text
Checks whether a condition is met, and returns one value if TRUE, and another value if FALSE