Question: I want a unique list to be created from a column where an adjacent column has text cell value?
Answer: See picture below.
Array formula in D3:
How to create an array formula
- Copy array formula (Ctrl + c)
- Double click cell D2
- Paste array formula (Ctrl + v)
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift
- Press Enter
What is named ranges?
Download excel example file
(Excel 97-2003 Workbook *.xls)
Functions in this article:
Checks whether a condition is met, and returns one value if TRUE, and another value if FALSE
ROW(reference) returns the rownumber of a reference
Returns the relative position of an item in an array that matches a specified value
Returns a value or reference of the cell at the intersection of a particular row and column, in a given range
Checks whether a value is text, and returns TRUE or FALSE
Checks whether a value is an error and returns TRUE or FALSE
This blog article is one out of thirteen articles on the same subject "unique".
- How to extract a unique distinct list from a column in excel
- Extract a unique distinct list from two columns using excel 2007 array formula
- Extract a unique distinct list from three columns in excel
- Extract distinct unique sorted year and month list from a date series in excel
- Create a unique distinct list from a date range in excel
- Unique values from multiple columns using array formulas
- Extract a unique distinct list sorted from A-Z from range in excel
- Sort a range by occurence using array formula in excel
- Filter unique distinct values from two ranges combined in excel 2007
- Create a unique list and sort by occurrances from large to small
- Unique list to be created from a column where an adjacent column has text cell values
- Create unique list from column where an adjacent column meets criteria
- How to create a unique distinct list where other columns meet two criteria