Question: How can I compare two columns to find common values?
Array formula in C2:
How to create an array formula
- Select cell C2
- Click in formula bar
- Copy Paste array formula
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift
- Press Enter
How to copy array formula
Copy cell C2 and paste it down as far as needed.
Download excel sample file for this tutorial.
(Excel 97-2003 Workbook *.xls)
How do i remove the cell errors in the sheet above:
Recommended blog posts
Compare two lists of data: Filter common row records in excel
Functions in this article
Returns a value or reference of the cell at the intersection of a particular row and column, in a given range
Returns the k-th smallest number in this data set.
Returns the row number of a reference
Returns the relative position of an item in an array that matches a specified value
Checks whether a condition is met, and returns one value if TRUE, and another value if FALSE
Counts the number of cells within a range that meet the given condition
This blog article is one out of five articles on the same subject.
- Filter values existing in range 1 but not in range 2 using array formula in excel
- Filter common values between two ranges using array formula in excel
- How to remove common values between two columns
- How to find common values from two lists
- Highlight common values in two lists using conditional formatting in excel