The histogram chart lets you automatically group data values in intervals you specify, it is often used in statistics to show how data is distributed.
How to build
- Go to tab "Insert" on the ribbon.
- Click the "Statistic chart" button.
Click the "Histogram" button.
Double-click on the x-axis to open the task pane.
Select "Bin width:" and type 5, you may have to try different values here depending on the data you have.
- "By Category" allows you to use text values, Excel will count text strings and plot the chart based on the number of text strings.
- Automatic is the default setting. The intervals are created evenly based on the minimum and maximum value.
- "Bin width" allows you to specify the range you want to use.
- Select "Number of bins" if you want to specify the number of intervals to use.
- Select "Overflow bin" and "Underflow bin" to create an interval for all values above/below a threshold.