You can easily customize the font, font size, font color etc of the chart legend:
- Select legend.
Go to tab "Home" on the ribbon.
- Click on "Font text" to change the font.
- Click on "Font size" to change the font size.
- Click on letter A to choose a font color.
Double click on legend with the left mouse button to open "Format Legend" settings.
Here you can choose where you want to position the legend relative to the plot area.
You also have the option to move the legend manually. Click and hold with left mouse button and then drag the legend to the position you want.
The usual effects like shadows, glow, soft and 3-d are also available for you if you click the "Effects" tab button.
More important, in my opinion, is the "Fill and Line" tab where you can customize the background color, picture, and gradient or apply a border around the legend.
How to remove the legend
- Select the legend.
- Click "Delete" button on your keyboard.
How to show the legend
- Select the chart.
- Click "plus" sign next to the chart.
- Click on checkbox "Legend" to show the legend.