This article demonstrates a basic invoice template I created. It lets you use dropdown lists to quickly select products on a price list. You can easily add/remove data on "price list" sheet.
How to use invoice template
- Specify quantity in column B (B16:B38)
- Select a category in column C, these are cells containing unique distinct category values from sheet "price_list".
- Select an Item in column E, these are cells containing dependent drop down lists populated with values from sheet "price_list" based on category in column C.
- The amount in column H is calculated automatically based on the selected value in column C and the specified quantity in column B.
- Select a product and the formula calculates the total price.
How to copy dependent drop down lists
- Select a cell containing drop-down list
- Copy cell
- Right click on new cell
- Click "Paste Special..."
- Click "Validation"
- Click OK!